ga('create', 'UA-102142016-1', 'auto');
- ELDERLY CARE SPECIALLY WITH ALZHEIMER’S AND DEMENTIA
ELDERLY CARE SPECIALLY WITH ALZHEIMER’S &DEMENTIA
- Establish an effective communication system with the patient and his family to help them adjust to the patient's altered cognitive abilities.
- Provide emotional support to the patient and his family.
- Administer ordered medications and note their effects.
- Protect the patient from injury by providing a safe, structured environment.
- Provide enough rest and sleep.
- Encourage the patient to exercise as ordered to help maintain mobility.
- Encourage patient independence and allow ample time for him to perform tasks.
- Encourage sufficient fluid intake and adequate nutrition.
- Maintain the proper personal hygiene of the patient
- Frequently check the patient's vital signs.
- Monitor the patient's fluid and food intake to detect imbalances.
- Inspect the patient's skin for evidence of trauma, such as bruises or skin breakdown.
- Encourage the family to allow the patient as much independence as possible while ensuring safety to the patient and others.